The founder of Francisco School was a member of the First Constitutional Convention. He was a member of the United Nations Palestine Commission formed in 1948 to resolve the raging conflict between the Jews and Arabs at that time. He signed the Peace Treaty with Japan in behalf of the Philippine Government.
Don Vicente J. Francisco, a legal luminary and former senator, founded the Francisco College in 1950. It was located along Taft Avenue in Manila. One day while visiting his property in Baesa, a friend told him that families living in the nearby areas could not afford to send children to schools in Manila. He was deeply touched when he heard this and thought to himself, “I want to help students with small pocket-books but with big dreams.” Aware of the tremendous difficulties encountered by poor students who wanted to pursue an education, he decided to establish a school in Baesa. He called it FRANCISCO SCHOOL.
The Francisco School started offering a Secondary Course in the School Year 1957-1958 with an initial population of 137 students. The Founder together with his management staff, designed a payment scheme that ultimately assisted parents in settling their obligations. In 1962, the Francisco School opened the Elementary Department and in 1972, it offered a complete Five Year Secondary Evening Course.
In 1989, it offered courses in computer education in its High School Department. Many students who have taken the course have gone on to take Computer Science in college.
The Francisco School earned the respect of its community. The Franciscans are widely recognized for their values and discipline. They are also renowned for their achievements and contributions to the society and the country as a whole.
At present, Francisco School has maintained its population size even with the establishment of several schools in the area.
< Announcement >
We Are Now Accepting Teacher Applicant
( High School And Grade School )
For The S.Y. 2014-2015
FRANCISCO SCHOOL, 045 Quirino Highway, Baesa, Quezon City, Philippines, Tel Nos. 455-4988 Telefax: 362-8573